Friday, December 30, 2011 -
All India Pre-Veterinary Test (AIPVT) - 2012 For admission to B.V.Sc. & A.H.Course
Veterinary Council of India (VCI) invites applications for entrance examination for filling up 15% of total number of seats to be filled on Merit in each Government Veterinary College in India (except from Jammu & Kashmir State) from Indian Nationals for admission to 1st year of B.V.Sc. & A.H. course for academic session 2012-2013. Programs Offered
: B.V.Sc. & A.H. Degree course Important Dates to Remember
Date of Entrance Examination: 12.05.2011 / 02:00 PM - 05:00 PM
Last Date for Issue of Application Forms: 10.02.2012
Last Date for Receipt of filled in Application Forms: 15.02.2012 Application Cost
In Person: Rs.1200/- for General Category /OBC and Rs.600/- for SC/ST category
By Post: Rs.1250/- for General Category/OBC and Rs.650/- for SC/ST category Mode of Payment (DD / Cash)
Demand draft drawn in favour of "Veterinary Council of India- Examination Fund" payable at New Delhi at any scheduled Bank from the office of Controller of Examination. Write your name, mobile no and address on the back of the demand draft.
- By Post: The Information Bulletin & Application Form can be obtained by Post on payment of Rs.1250/- for General Category / OBC and Rs.650/- for SC / ST category (including examination fee, processing and other charges) through a demand draft at any scheduled Bank from the office of Controller of Examination, Veterinary Council of India, A Wing, 2nd Floor, August Kranti Bhawan, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi – 110 066. While requesting Information Bulletin and Application From, the candidates should send:
(i) Demand Draft (Cash / Money order / Indian Postal Order / Cheque or any other form of payment will NOT be accepted. Demand Draft issued prior to the date of advertisement will not be accepted).
(ii) Two plain paper slips with name and complete address (in CAPITAL LETTERS) with PIN-code.
Eligibility for AIPVT 2012
- State Veterinary Council: The information Bulletin and Application Form can also be obtained by hand from the office of the following Registrars of State Veterinary Councils on payment of Rs.1200/- for General Category / OBC and Rs.600/- for SC / ST category (including examination fee, processing and other charges) through a Demand Draft.
(a) Andaman & Nicobar UT Veterinary Council, Directorate of Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Services, Haddo, Port Blair - 744 102.
(b) Nagaland State Veterinary Council, Directorate of Veterinary & A. H., Kohima - 797 001.
(c) Tripura Veterinary Council, Veterinary Complex,Astabal, Agartala - 799 005.
(d) Manipur Veterinary Council, Sanjenthong , Imphal - 795 001.
(e) Mizoram State Veterinary Council, Directorate of Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Services, Aizawl - 796 001, Mizoram.
(f) Arunachal Pradesh Veterinary Council, Directorate of Animal Husbandry, Nirjuli - 791 109.
(g) Sikkim State Veterinary Council, Department of Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Services, Krishi Bhawan, Tadong, Sikkim - 737 102.
- Vijaya Bank: The Information Bulletin and Application Form can also be obtained by hand against cash payment from selected branches of Vijaya Bank.
- He/She is an Indian national.
- Passed Higher Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination equivalent to 10+2 Higher/Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years of study the last two year of study with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and any other elective subject with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council for Education Research and Training after the introduction of the 10+2+3 (years) educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education. OR .
- The intermediate Science examination in science from a recognized University/ Board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology (which shall include a practical test in these subjects) and English.
: To be eligible for AIPVT candidate must have passed any of the qualifying examinations as enumerated above. Further, he/she should have obtained a minimum of 50% marks for General Category in aggregate in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English at 10+2 / intermediate Science Examination. Provided also that to be eligible for AIPVT the candidate must have passed the aforesaid subjects individually. For the candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste/ the Scheduled Tribes or other special category (Other Backward Classes) of students as specified by the Government from time to time, marks required for admission shall be 10% less than that prescribed for General Category. Note
: A candidate who is taking the qualifying examination prior to the AIPVT, or whose result is awaited, may also apply and take the examination but he/she shall not be eligible for admission to the B.V.Sc. & A.H. programme, if he/she does not pass the qualifying examination with the required percentage of marks as per the Minimum Standard of Veterinary Education Degree Course (B.V.Sc. & A.H.) Regulations, 2008 on or before 30th June, 2012 and submit the documentary proof during counseling, if selected. Age
: He / She have attained or will attain the age of Seventeen (17) years as on 31st December, 2012. Candidates attaining seventeen years on 1st of January, 2013 or later will not be eligible to appear at the AIPVT.
The completed application forms should reach "The Controller of Examination, Veterinary Council of India, ''''A'''' Wing, 2nd Floor, August Kranti Bhawan, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi - 110 066 by speed Post / Registered Post only on or before 15.02.2012.